11.05.2013

Gratitude Day 5 - The Power of Prayer

A year ago I didn't talk about prayer.  I wasn't sure if I believed in anything beyond the science that I used to teach.  And last January, suddenly, prayer came back into my life.  And it is everything.

One of my students went missing on Saturday night.  I don't think I've ever prayed so hard.  And I asked people to pray with me.  I even asked my boss to pray.  My mom mustered up the courage to tip toe back into prayer.

After two awful days and nights, she was able to make it home early this morning.  Tonight when I brought dinner to her family, the first thing she asked about was whether she had homework and her midterm grades.  What a kid.

Mariah is home because we prayed -- because we had faith that in this case, peace and love would triumph.  I'm so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment