11.20.2013

Gratitude Day 19 - My Bed

When I was in college, I slept through pretty much every 8:30am class I had.  Thank God for Brooke Gintert's work ethic and note taking skills.  And Dr. North, well, that B- couldn't have been wrapped in a nicer bow when you gifted it to me.  I just loved sleeping.  Every year I would get a new blanket for my XL twin dorm room bed.  And selecting pillows was an art form.

I don't know when it happened, but I discovered at some point that there are different kinds of sheets.  I don't know if my mom was keeping this a secret from me or just didn't know about it, but the higher the thread count, the colder that feeling on the cold side of the pillow.  I don't understand how, but it's true.

Couple excellent sheets with a heavy down comforter and a decent mattress, and it's a wonder I ever get out of bed at all.  Today I'm thankful for groupon sheet deals, my 10-year-old holding pillow, and the best bed I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment