11.27.2013

Gratitude Day 25 - Random Acts of Kindness

I had been driving around for two months with no blinkers.  Scary stuff.  I bought a $12 part from auto zone and they couldn't install it for me.  Another mechanic couldn't find where the piece went, so I had to go to the dealer.  Dealers typically equal tons of cash (and good coffee in the lobby).  Well, I pulled up and my man Alex said they couldn't get me in that day.  I said I was leaving town the next morning.  He said, ok come back and 3 and we'll try to squeeze you in.

So I came back at 3, and he said it would be an hour or two before someone could get to it.  Then he got a twinkle in his eye.

"You already have the part, right?"

"Yep."

"Alright.  Just because I'm curious."

He looked up a diagram of car guts, took the part, got down on the shop floor in his well-pressed dress pants, popped out the panel, and my blinkers were working in under five minutes.

"How much do I owe you?"

"Have a nice trip."

So today I'm grateful for Alex and his random act of free, efficient kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment